The Factors listed by the Committee are outlined below:
- Primary responsibility for curbing ragging rests with academic institutions themselves.
- Incentives should be available to institutions for curbing the menace and there should be disincentives for failure to do so.
- Enrolment in academic pursuits or a campus life should not immunize any adult citizen from penal provisions of the laws of the land.
- Ragging needs to be perceived as failure to inculcate human values from the schooling stage.
- Behavioural patterns among students, particularly potential 'raggers', need to be identified.
- Measures against ragging must deter its recurrence.
- Concerted action is required at the level of the school, higher educational institution, district administration, university, State and Central Governments to make any curb effective.
- Media and the Civil Society should be involved in this exercise.