A Civil Works Committee is reconstituted as below suppressing all other earlier communications/notifications in this regard: :
|Prof. A.K.L. Srivastava, Dean(Planning and Development)||Chairman|
|Dr. R. P. Singh, HOD, Department of Civil Engg.||Member|
|Dr. Virendra Kumar, Associate Dean (Planning and Development)||Member|
|Dr. Sanjay Kumar, Associate Prof., Department of Civil Engg.||Member|
|Dr. R. P. Singh, Associate Dean (Planning and Development)||Member|
- Assessing the utility of a civil project and fixing the specifications (including brands of components ), if and when required by Dean (P&D)/Director.
- Examining tender documents on day of opening, negotiating and finalizing the rates and recommending the award of work.
- Keeping an eye on progress of work in various projects and advising (on own initiative) Dean (P&D)/director on any steps to be taken to ensure superior quality and timely completion of work.
- Assisting Dean (P&D)/Director ,when requested, in handling special situations such as major change in specifications during execution of a project,examining possible changes in contract,fixing rates for extra items levying penalty for poor work or slow progress etc.
- Updating "Registered Contractors" list from time to time ,covering addition of new names,deletion of poor performers and change of category.
- Working out schedule of rates and rate contracts for maintenance and minor civil works.
- To serve as purchase committee for procurement of stores for estate (civil) and to award contracts.