The Department of Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest (started in 1960) and the largest department in terms of faculty, students and activities. The Department offers B.Tech (Hons.) in Mechanical Engineering, M.Tech in Computer Integrated Design & Manufacturing (CIDM), M.Tech in Thermal Engineering (TE) and M.Tech in Energy System (ES). Department is also running PhD Program in various research areas in the Mechanical Engineering. It also offers part time PhD program, mainly meant for those employed in industries and academic institutions. The department is having highly qualified and experienced faculty in all streams of Mechanical Engineering. An interactive relationship is maintained between the students and staff which enables the students to develop a sound foundation in the stream in a conduciven environment.
To be a centre for imparting world class education in the field of Mechanical Engineering and conduct extensive and quality research and to propel innovations for the betterment of society.
- To train young minds and to equip them with the best possible technical knowledge to meet the current and future demands of the industry, academic & research.
- To create infrastructure, motivation and culture for the state of the art research work in the area of Mechanical Engineering.
- To enhance the research and teaching by interaction and development of relation with industry, R&D organization and academic institutions.
- To develop an energetic environment for excellence, creativity and perfection.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) for B.Tech(Hons)
- To prepare students for different fields like industries, Research & Development, teaching etc. through which society will be served.
- To offer techno-commercially feasible and socially acceptable solutions to real life engineering problems.
- To create awareness towards social, environmental and energy related issues and emphasize on effective communication skill and professionalism.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) for B.Tech(Hons)
- Students will learn basic & fundamentals of Engineering and mechanical engineering in Specific. Students will build confidence in solving real life problems in mechanical engineering.
- Students will have specialization in the selected area of mechanical engineering.
- Students can diversify their knowledge domain in different engineering disciplines.
- Organized 6 Days TEQIP Sponsored Short Term Course on “Machines & Mechanisms” from 17th June-22nd -June, 2019.
- Organized 6 Days Self-Financed Workshop on “Finite Element Structural Analysis using ANSYS” from 20th May- 25th May, 2019.
- Organized 5-Days TEQIP Sponsored Short Term Course on “Recent Innovations and Developments in Futuristic Materials” from 17th December-21st December, 2018.
- Mechanical Engineering Society: Cognitio (Annual Fest)
Head of the Department: Prof. Shalendra Kumar
Phone(HOD Office): 0657-237-4012
Address: P.O.RIT,Jamshedpur,Jharkhand,India- 831014